Join us to sing this fun and uplifting arrangement of a traditional Acadian song, expertly arranged by Acadian scholar, composer, conductor, and singer, Dr Jeanette Gallant!
Acadian music is some of the most ear-catching and delightful music heard anywhere in the world. With a rich history stretching back hundreds of years from the East coast of North America to its ancient European roots, the tunes, instruments, and rhythm dances heard in Acadian music are everywhere evident in Jeanette Gallant's arrangement.
Project Dates: Feb 11-Mar 2, 2024. Recordings due March 24.
Download our Marie Madeleine TIMETABLE (subject to change)
Registration includes everything you will need to join us: your score, sound files, conducting videos, live rehearsals via Zoom, and access to our full rehearsal recording archive so you can watch live sessions at a time that suits you.
This project is led by friendly and dynamic STN Artistic Director Kathryn Whitney
Singers submit AUDIO and VIDEO recordings of Marie Madeleine for this project. We also invite singers to submit recordings of themselves:
- Playing the Spoons
- Dancing Podorhythmie (Acadian foot rhythms)
- Doing Handclap Percussion
As always, singers are just as welcome to join us and sing in rehearsal but not submit any recordings.
HOW TO JOIN US
- Choose your price above and check out
- Check your email after registration for your Project Guide. All materials distributed via PDF, Mp3, and Mp4 downloads.
- Join us live on Zoom (link in your project pack) or via rehearsal recordings
- Submit your audio at project end - or join us just to sing with out submitting. All are welcome!
We are looking forward to singing (clapping, dancing, and playing the spoons) with you!